Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dearest Ronnie Man

Son,

Four years ago today, my heart grew again, when you came into this world.  God only knew that my life was changed forever in so many ways.  Ways that never even crossed my mind.  He has brought us thru some hard times together, times you shall never even know happened to our little family, you, me and your big sister.  You were born in North Carolina but came to Texas when you were 10 days old.  God knew that deep in your heart you are a true Texan.  When you were 10 months old, we met the man you call Daddy.  He captured our hearts, even though Mommy was quite a bit protective.  God knew who we needed, he sent Daddy.  Daddy and I met in November when he called your Aunt Gigi to see if she would ask if he could call me.  Aunt Gigi and I worked together at the time.  Being shy at the time, I figured it was time for Mommy get out a little bit, I said yes.  Daddy called me, and the first thing he asked was how you and your sister were doing?  Well, that melted my heart right there.  I was glad to hear he felt my children were important.  He took me out on a date a few days later to Logan's Roadhouse and to see a movie, Walk the Line.  At the time Daddy was working Tennessee building a church with Grammy and Papa Bill.  He had drove in for the weekend.  We had a great time at dinner, he asked if I wanted anymore children?  I said Yes if the Lord decided to bless me with more.  My birthday was two days later and he sent a birthday cake made of flowers to me at work.  What a sweet heart!  Christmas came and Daddy spoiled us rotten.  He bought you and Julie so much stuff.  You got Buzz Lightyear, Camo and denim overalls, CUTE outfits and Bass Pro Shop hat.  He bought Mommy a TV and DVD player.  Daddy moved back to Texas in January, 8 days before your birthday.  As you know Mommy and Daddy were married on September 2nd, 2006.  You were 20 months old, and the cutest ring bearer we'd ever seen.  When the doors opened for you and Tyler to walk down the isle, you called out DADDY and ran down the isle to see him.  I was waiting to go in and did not see it.  But everyone who did especially Daddy loved it. 

Mommy worked full time at AmeriCredit and Daddy worked as a plumber.  You and Julie went to daycare, you had a lot of fun there.  In October 2006, we found out we were going to have another baby added to our family due in July.  We moved to Burleson in January 2007 and had your 2nd birthday party at our new home, the first home Mommy had ever owned.   Cody was born July 11th and after that Mommy became a stay at home Mommy.  For the first couple of weeks you had a little bit of a hard time not being the littlest anymore.  But you and Cody have a great time now that he's getting bigger.  Right now you go to school two days a week, you are so smart.  This year you have learned how to ride a bike, go to the bathroom like a big boy and you know how to sing your alphabet and count to 20.  Daddy and Mommy signed you up for baseball this spring.  Daddy is going to coach your team and Julie's team.  WOW, he's such a GREAT Daddy!
   
Birthday Cakes - For your 2nd birthday you had a buzz light year cake, Mommy drove to Arlington at the Red Oven to pick it up.  On your 3rd birthday, Daddy made you a tractor cake.   He did such a GREAT job.     For your 4th birthday you wanted a Batman cake, this time we left that up to Wal-Mart. The funniest thing is that you don't really care for cake anyway.  You take two bites and then you're done.  Which isn't a bad thing.  You love healthy foods, like brocolli, salad, lettuce, tomatoes, you like ice cream but that's about it for sweets.  

I love you Ronnie Man!  

Funny things you say -
When I ask you  Do you want to do this or what - You always say What.
You used to say - I don't want to do that AnyMORE.  
You would make puppy, elephant and alligator noises.
You always want to pray at dinner and nighttime.  
You always want me to sing you songs at bedtime, your favorite is Close your eyes.

I'd better go, I'm making your favorite dinner tonight.  Spaghetti and Meatballs.


LOVE YOU FOREVER AND ALWAYS,
YOUR MOMMA

No comments: